[WriteLog] writelog cycled monitor tone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] writelog cycled monitor tone
From: G <rigel001@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:34:19 -0400
INFO NEED FROM

icom ic-7600 users or other in this groupgoup

When I tune the radio on RTTY mode Writelog software closed there is a
steady tone eared from the monitor.

But if I open Writelog software the tone is cycled and at the same time the
red FSK led on the rigblaster Pro control box flash.

In the help file I found that configuration but it is?nt there by default so
I have to write it ?

COM1_RTS_INIT=-2

COM1_DTR_INIT=1

Is there some one has experimented the same thing and know for the ICOM- IC
7600 what to enter in the ini file to remove that problem ?

The radio with the WL software tune & transmit well but this cycled tone
should not stay like that.

Gilles   ve2lx

==============

ANSWER

Hi Giles,

Yes - its almost certainly RTS or DTR issue.  You can modify the WriteLog
INI file to set RTS/DTR high or low at startup.  This is documented in the
WriteLog help files.  I can?t tell you what settings your rig needs, but if
you experiment with it, you can probably fix it with a specific
configuration.

Thanks,

Steve N9OH

On March 22, 2014 at 11:29:01 AM, G ( <mailto:rigel001@sympatico.ca>