Re: [WriteLog] K3 DVK not working

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K3 DVK not working
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 10:43:25 -0800
Stan,

Since you've just migrated from XP to Win7 the problem may lie in where Win7 has parked your writelog.ini file. Under Win7, with User Account Control (USC) enabled, windows creates a Virtual Store path for anything installed in C:\Program Files. This Virtual Store is where your writelog.ini file should be located, but under the installation of WL Win7 probably placed it in C:\Windows. You will need to look in the Virtual Store path and see if your correct writelog.ini file is located there if you have WL installed in C:\Program Files. Under UAC Win7 will not allow a software program to make changes to the folder containing the actual program files, but instead puts such changes into the Virtual Store location.

The Virtual Store path name will be something like: C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\wrirtelog.ini

Be aware that the AppData folder in this path name is a hidden folder and you won't see it unless you first go into the Control Panel and turn on the setting to show hidden files.

If you have N1MM installed differently, i.e., under C:\ and not in the Program Files folder, that may be why it works and WL doesn't.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: K2MK