[WriteLog] Managed to crash WL

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Managed to crash WL
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:49:21 +0000
I had everything setup and running fine for SO2R until recently when I took
R1 (K3) and shipped it to the new QTH in KH6. Today I tried changing R2
(also K3) to R1 by simply re-mapping the PORTS com port numbers (swapping
com1 and com2). I have a microHAM MK2R+ on com4 with the keyer at com3 (no
changes). The radio came up fine as R1 instead of R2, but a couple of
seconds later WL went grey with an error:

*WRITELOG MFC Application has stopped working.*

Everything was working ok with no radio in the R1 slot, but I wanted to
clean up the screen and revert WL to SO1R. I still want the basic SO2R
setup for when I bring the other radio back so I don't want to drop the
MK2R+ box which has the keyer and better audio control than the PC.

WL  11.17E
Mini-CWT module by K0PC

Solution:  Change the ports in the microHAM router .. NOT in WL.
Problem seems to be solved.
Just thought I'd let others know about this.

73, Alan  AD6E