Re: [WriteLog] [microHAM] Re: MK2R+ and Writelog 11.18c

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [microHAM] Re: MK2R+ and Writelog 11.18c
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:48:54 -0500
Preference = Preset

On 6/4/2014 9:39 PM, Richard Thorne rthorne@rthorne.net [microHAM] wrote:

I finally figured out why I could not generate an FSK signal when I
selected the right or left radio.

As I was messing around this evening working on the SSB setup I had
unchecked 'dual foot switch' under the SO2R tab. I used the same setup
to test RTTY and I started getting the proper diddle on both rigs as I
selected them.

I went back to my Writelog FSK saved preference and it would not work
again, this preference had the dual foot switch selected. As soon as I
unselected dual foot switch I could diddle.

Not sure why this is, but I just made a big note on my MK2R/Writelog
setup guide to uncheck dual foot switch while in fsk.

Rich - N5ZC

On 5/20/2014 6:10 AM, Richard Thorne wrote:
> Group,
>
> Thanks to Dean, Joe and Steve (GW4BLE) I determined that I had to go
> into the windows sound system and select the 2 channel option as
> described below. Both instances of MMTTY are now receiving the proper
> signal and demodulating correctly.
>
> Now on to the transmit issue which I'll tackle this evening. I have a
> sneaking suspicion that it has to do with the way I have my com ports
> setup. I'll report back when I get it resolved.
>
> After I get all of this working, I'll look at installing OCX
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich - N5ZC
>

> On 5/19/2014 8:49 AM, Dean St. Hill wrote:
>> Rich
>>
>> Welcome to the twilight zone. Been there. Many times.
>>
>> To see the way the sound cards are set-up within your system - click
>> on the Audio-switching tab of MK2R+. then click on "soundcard" - over
>> on the right 2/3 down the window.
>>
>> Even though the MMTTY plugin works, I would suggest that it might be
>> a good idea to actually use the "OCX" set-up guideline as this is a
>> more modern driver with the possibility of also using "2tone" as an
>> alternative to MMTTY.
>>
>> if you're setting audio from the left channel in both windows - 1st
>> make sure the buttons on MK2R+ are set correctly. That's the top
>> right section of MK2R. If that is correct then you need to go to
>> windows sound system - right click on the "speaker logo" in the
>> system tray. Choose recording devices. in the recording devices
>> double-click the USB codec. Then choose "advanced" tab - extreme
>> right top of the new window. You will then see a drop-down with
>> "default format" - this is where you need to choose a stereo option.
>> Your current default is probably a mono option.
>>
>> I choose 2 channel, 16 bit 44100Hz (CD Quality) and this has always
>> worked for me but I am almost sure it can be a much much lower
>> quality - others with more expertise may jump in and help with
>> guidance here.
>>
>> Finally after clicking the necessary "OK" etc. return to the two
>> MMTTY windows and just confirm that left channel has been set up for
>> your radio 1 and right channel for your radio 2.
>>
>> Hmmm... you may also want to go back to router as well and under
>> audio switching tab re-confirm that the "use line out channel" has
>> also been set for radio one and radio 2. both may be set as "left".
>>
>> you should now be good to go as far as dual receive.
>>
>> let's get that going and then check the tx side of the equation.
>>
>> 73 and best regards,
>>
>> Dean - 8P6SH
>>

>> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net
>> <mailto:rthorne@rthorne.net>> wrote:
>>
>> This is a cross post to Writelog and Microham.
>>
>> I've been working on configuring an MK2R+ SO2R controller with a
>> pair of K3's and my Win 7 Pro computer.
>>
>> I've been able to get SSB and CW to work properly.
>>
>> I'm hung up on RTTY using MMTTY. I've downloaded the setup guide
> [...]

Posted by: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Reply via web post <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/microHAM/conversations/messages/14879;_ylc=X3oDMTJybHRhYnVzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyMjY0MzE1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM5NjM3OQRtc2dJZAMxNDg3OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzE0MDE5MzU5NTU-?act=reply&messageNum=14879> . Reply to sender <mailto:rthorne@rthorne.net?subject=Re%3A%20%5BWriteLog%5D%20MK2R%2B%20and%20Writelog%2011%2E18c> . Reply to group <mailto:microHAM@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5BWriteLog%5D%20MK2R%2B%20and%20Writelog%2011%2E18c> . Start a New Topic <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/microHAM/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmY2xrM2FkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyMjY0MzE1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM5NjM3OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MDE5MzU5NTU-> . Messages in this topic <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/microHAM/conversations/topics/14830;_ylc=X3oDMTM3dW52aWE0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyMjY0MzE1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM5NjM3OQRtc2dJZAMxNDg3OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MDE5MzU5NTUEdHBjSWQDMTQ4MzA-> (4)

This list is for the exchange of information about the use and operation of microHAM products.

Anyone with specific hardware support issues should contact microHAM support at mailto:support@microHAM.com.

  * New Members

Yahoo! Groups <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJldmVodm4xBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyMjY0MzE1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM5NjM3OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTQwMTkzNTk1NQ--> . Privacy <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> . Unsubscribe <mailto:microHAM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe> . Terms of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>

.