Re: [WriteLog] Possible Malware issue with 11.21??

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Possible Malware issue with 11.21??
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 10:17:42 -0400

> If users click on the link, instead of a direct download, like in
> my case, it tried to run malware like Windows Download Manager2
> and others..

If your system attempted to run Download Manager2, it is because
Download Manager2 was already on your system and had become the
default "helper" for *.exe and other types of executable files.

Disconnect your system from the internet, boot into safe mode and
run a known, clean anti-malware scanner/repair product.

It is *always* safer to download files by right click, save as
rather than allowing direct download/run ...

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV