[WriteLog] Rig polling

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig polling
From: Ron Lodewyck <rwlodewyck@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 15:19:48 -0400
I am using a K3/0 to access a K3 over the Internet with the Remote Rig
interface.  Writelog is taking about 8 to 10 seconds to recognize the rig
on startup and when I change frequency or mode.  This leads to errors in my
log when rapidly searching and pouncing.  Another clue: Writelog often
displays "No Rig" during the 8 - 10 second delay before correctly
displaying the radio frequency and mode.

I have tried changing the RigPollInterval in the [Configuration] section
from the default of 500 ms in increments down to 1 ms with no obvious
change in how long it takes Writelog to respond to changes in frequency or
mode.

I am using an FTDI USB to serial adapter to connect to the K3/0 and have
adjusted the advanced settings (e.g. USB Transfer Sizes) of the COM port
under Device Manager with no discernible effect.

In addition, using the same FTDI adapter to the K3/0 with three other
programs: N1MM, DXLabs Commander, and Remote Ham Radio WebDX yields nearly
instantaneous frequency and mode changes, so I am pretty sure the solution
will involve a change in Writelog.ini or some other Writelog related factor.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - I really prefer to use
Writelog over other loggers :)    Thanks in advance and
73,
Ron N6EE