Re: [WriteLog] Feature requests

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Feature requests
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 09:57:17 +0300
I would like so2v support for my markv also. I think there are many who have a 1000 radio even today... Please add solution for cw direct keying (hi hi)... By the way I had problems the last weekend with a microham usbIII in pentium 4 computer without antivirus at all (but this is another story). I believe the packet window causes the problem.

Abt the (5) mouse. I always use mouse for rtty with writelog. As others said, left click on the left of a non-highlighted call and the call will be in entry window (until the first space). Then I press "Call" button to give the exchange. All the headlines over the entry window are buttons which can be programmed with a message (even different from F messages). Keep shift pressed and left click on a headline. A window pops up. Write your message and press enter. Voila...

73 Kostas SV1DPI

???? 16/7/2014 12:50 ??, ?/? Darren Collins (G0TSM) ??????:
Writelog is still my preferred contest and DXped logger. Some things I would like to see improved/added are:

1) Triggering of the FTDX5K's onboard DVK by the 'F' Keys. I thought there was a workaround for this but cannot find it.

2) SO2V support for the FTDX5K. Like running 2 radios but the bottom call entry field is for the 2nd-VFO.

3) Could the check call function be expanded to warn me if I have one letter wrong in a suffix - a little tricky this one! But very handy for running a weak pileup where you only get 3/4 of the call.

4) Better support for the IOTA contest. If I type in a DL call I would prefer to see a list of DL islands and if I enter the wrong IOTA reference I want an error message.

5) For RTTY I prefer to use the mouse to click on a decoded highlighted call and then click on buttons to send the messages. I don't think I can do this at the moment using MMTTY/MMVARI. I have to click on a call and click on the call entry window to be able to use the F keys. (although calls do not always highlight so I have to manually type some of them into the call entry window). Also you can't right-click on a string and grab that as a call.

6) Support for 24 channel MMVARI in RTTY. Open up the Rx filter, run the pileup up split and let MMVARI decode the pileup, its amazing to see and can give you an excellent DXPed run rate on RTTY.

7) Allow separate messages for RTTY in the CW/RTTY/SSB Memories. Yes you can if you use the shift button but try pressing that down for a few hours at a time. When I was going back to CW I was pressing the wrong keys...

I know there are other programs that can run RTTY much better that Writelog currently does but I do not want to have to keep swapping programs, exporting the ADIFs etc.. Its a pain when you can be making QSOs.

Well, if you don't ask, you'll never get...

73 Darren G0TSM