Re: [WriteLog] IARU scoring problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IARU scoring problem
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 10:16:36 -0500
Change CALLPREFIX=KH6 in writelog.ini.

John KK9A

To:     writelog@contesting.com
Subject:         [WriteLog] IARU scoring problem
From:    Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date:    Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:47:03 -1000

I setup a temp wire antenna here in KH6 with a new computer and loaded
WL11.19D a few hours before IARU start. IARU went well for me despite the
lack of any 20 or 10 meter antenna. Much fun as i chased WRTC stations.

After the contest I created the Cabrillo file and sent it in. So far, so
good. Then I looked at the log and noticed for the first time that all the
NA stations were 3 points.  I'm in KH6 so I think they should be 5 points.
Obviously, this won't affect my standing in the results, but it would be
nice to have the score window show a correct score.

I assume the error is because a fresh install of WL assumes I'm in NA ???
 I didn't tell it otherwise and it didn't ask.

The only time I entered my zone and address was after the contest when I
generated the Cabrillo file. However, that did not change the points shown
in the log (WL, not the Cabrillo). What do I need to do to tell WL that I'm
not in NA?

Tks & 73,  Alan  AD6E  /  KH6RR