[WriteLog] K3 shortcuts

To: <ed2000@gmail.com>, "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [WriteLog] K3 shortcuts
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:32:56 -0400
Hi Ed,

I've had success with K3 WriteLog macros so I'll try my hand at helping you.

Your ini file lines look correct.

Your first two lines of WriteLog keyboard shortcuts look correct.

I have 3 areas of concern.

I don't know what your third and fourth lines do. You might want to take them out until you can advance past basic communications.

Next, in your WriteLog keyboard shortcuts you have to remember that the number 1 after the word Rig is your COM port number. So be sure that your serial connection between your PC and your K3 is on COM port 1. If it is some other COM port number you should enter that number after the word Rig.

Finally, I don't know if it's a good idea to assign F01 and F02 to macros. WriteLog uses certain function keys to send CW, RTTY, and SSB messages. It's possible that the program doesn't like it if you try to override these basic functions. To prove or disprove this statement you should try assigning those two keyboard shortcuts to keys that are not pre-assigned by WriteLog. You might try one of the following keys:

F12
Multiply
Minus sign
Plus sign