Re: [WriteLog] Elecraft K3 function keys / macros with WriteLog

To: Ed Herbrechtsmeier <ed2000@gmail.com>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Elecraft K3 function keys / macros with WriteLog
From: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:26:49 +0000
I use this functionality extensively, including the DVK

For RIT up and Down, these are the commands I use

[Elecraft_K3_commands]
Macro_10=RU;
Macro_11=RD;

[KeyboardShortcuts]
OPEN_SQUARE=RigKbdCommand(11)
CLOSE_SQUARE=RigKbdCommand(10)

I do not have my  older ini files on this computer but this is what I used for
WRTC.  WRTC was dual mode and I did not want to send K3 DVK commands when on CW
so I mapped them to other keys.  I have used the standard function keys in the
past and the K3 DVK works identically as if you were using the internal sound
card.   Hopefully the following gives you the idea.  I can see if I have the
actual old ini files that work with the function keys.   Note that the K3
cannot transmit and record at the same time.

Macro_32=SWT37;SWT21;
Macro_33=SWT37;SWT31;
Macro_34=SWT21;
Macro_35=SWT31;
Macro_36=SWT37;

Ext_INSERT=RigKbdCommand(34)
Shift+Ext_INSERT=RigKbdCommand(32)
Ext_HOME=RigKbdCommand(35)
Shift+Ext_HOME=RigKbdCommand(33)
Ext_END=RigKBDCommand(36)

Also, make sure that Writelog is actually finding the .ini file

Good Luck

Tom W2SC