Re: [WriteLog] ADIF export includes bonus (unclaimed?) QSOs

To: "Mike Heideman" <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ADIF export includes bonus (unclaimed?) QSOs
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 11:52:32 -0800
Mike,

Right click on the call and select Mark as Unclaimed.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Heideman
Sent: October 06, 2014 8:45 AM
To: writelog@contesting.com

I just exported the ADIF file for the W1AW/6 effort in the California QSO Party from W6YX and noticed that there were 3 QSOs in the ADIF file with times about 10 minutes before the contest started.

I just checked the Cabrillo file that I created before leaving the W6YX shack and it does not have these 3 extra QSOs. I don't have the WL file and a copy of WriteLog available at home so I can't investigate further without returning to W6YX.

I suspect that one of our operators accidentally logged these 3 stations while warming up a frequency with the W6YX callsign and that they were probably marked as unclaimed.

Is there a way of preventing unclaimed QSOs from being exported into the ADIF file? These are often mistakes that can't be deleted during the contest when operating with networked computers.

Thanks,
-Mike, N7MH