Re: [WriteLog] Jarts scoring

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Jarts scoring
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 20:00:49 -0700
I think WriteLog is scoring correctly.  JS3 is a Call Area mult for JA Call
Aarea 3.  There is no JA mult in the DX or entity category.  From the 2014
JARTS WW RTTY Contest Rules:

Multiplier:
A) Each DXCC entity except JA/W/VE/VK(mainland).
B) Each call area of JA/W/VE/VK(mainland).
... <snip>

However, how our local logging software scores a contest is irrelevant to
the official results, which are scored independently by the sponsor.

Ed W0YK

Ken W0LSD wrote:

Hi All
Just curious if I am confused or have a problem. In the JARTS contest I
worked JS3CT on 80 rtty as well as a couple of NA stations. The band
summary shows NO DX for 80? Shouldn't that JS3 show up as DX? I wonder how
many other DX Qs are not recognized on other bands?
I had 503 Qs for a total score of 201,957.

I tried to "recalculate the score" and nothing changes.

Any ideas?