Re: [WriteLog] CW Receiver Window

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Receiver Window
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 06:29:15 -0500
Hi Paul,

I seem to remember having that same problem. I'm sure the gibberish is related to the fact that the yellow line is not over the signal being decoded. Here's how I corrected the problem. On the small window that shows the incoming signal display there is a box showing the sidetone frequency. You want it to agree with the sidetone you have selected for your rig. For example, I use a K3 which has a selectable sidetone and mine is set to 420 Hz. When I changed the signal display window frequency to 420 the signal I was listening to now falls directly over the yellow line.

WriteLog should then transfer this information to the ini file so that the program will reopen with your preferred sidetone frequency. Here are the two lines that seem to be affected in the ini file.
CW_RECV_FREQ=420
CW_XMIT_FREQ=420

I hope you don't mind my adding a related question to your thread. You may have noticed the same problem. The CW-Rttyrite window that displays the scrolling text allows the text to flow too far to the right before it rolls over to a new line. It never fails that the text I want to read has been hidden and there is no scroll bar on the bottom of the window to be able to access it. It doesn't seem to be affected by spaces (or lack of spaces) between characters. I've tried different widths of the window and the problem seems unfixable. Any suggestions?

73,
Mike K2MK

From:     Paul Kern via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date:     Sun, 11 Jan 2015 00:48:18 +0000 (UTC)

I finally figured out why I had no feed to the CW receiver Window - needed to
go to the Sound Board setup but my CW Receiver window display does not look
like the one in the manual.  I have two peaks on either side of the center
marker. Cannot get the peak to fall on the yellow line. Also it seems to show
either no decoding or just gibberish of mostly "E's" and "I's".  Any
thought's?  I have also submitted this to WriteLog Support.
Paul NK4P