Re: [WriteLog] Writelog.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog.ini
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:46:31 -0900
Rod,

The ini file in the Virtual Store location is the one you want to use. My WL ini files (I have multiple versions for different modes with slightly different names) are located in ...VirtualStore\Windows. I use a different ini file depending upon the contest I need it for - RTTY, SSB, CW. Prior to the contest I just rename the file from say writelogcw.ini to just writelog.ini as that is what WL will load at start up.

There are two ways to easily edit your ini file in the Virtual Store location.

1. Create a desktop shortcut to the Virtual Store ini file. My icon is named Writelog.ini and the path is C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\WRITELOG.INI. I just click on the icon and the ini file immediately opens for editing.

2. Go to Start/All Programs and click on the WriteLog V11 program group. In the list of WL utilities select Edit WriteLog ini. WriteLog will then open the correct ini file for you to edit.

Incidentally, to quick get to my Virtual Store location where I have the various instances of ini files located I created a desktop icon labeled Virtual Store - Windows. The path for that icon is "C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows". Once there I right click on the ini files I need to rename as needed.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Rod via WriteLog