Re: [WriteLog] Multiple RTTY Control Panel ERROR messages......

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Multiple RTTY Control Panel ERROR messages......
From: "Ray Day" <rayday@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 16:18:13 -0800
The problem:

Arrggghhh! I was shrinking my RTTY control panel (MMTTY lookalike window
within WL) and all of a sudden, multiple (2/second) smaller Error Message
Windows labeled RTTY CONTROL PANEL with the message "X ???? ????????."start
showing up and just keep making new ones until finally a "MMTTY.EXE has
stopped WORKING" window shows up. Was using XMMT.OCX when it started,
shifted to MMTTY (in WL) in troubleshooting, and can only stop the error
windows from multiplying like rabbits by using TASK MGR.

Restarted WL, same. Rebooted, restarted WL, same. MMTTY on its own seems OK.

Tried new log, wnd when open RTTY window, same. WL 11.24H, by the way. Win
8.1. All working fine before this.

Before I start a whole new reinstall of everything, any thoughts? I'd like
to get into the BARTG thing thistomorrow.

TIA, 73,

Ray N6HE

The solution from Don AA5AU:

You can always default your Rttyrite section of writelog.ini.

Instructions here:

http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/writelog/clearing-rttyrite/

73, Don AA5AU

Don, thanks - never saw that before! I'm back on the air!

Jeff S., thanks, too, for your suggestion. I'll insert that after BARTG is
done.

Thanks, guys,

73,

Ray