[WriteLog] Blacklisting packet spots proved to be helpful

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [WriteLog] Blacklisting packet spots proved to be helpful
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:43:25 -0500
This might not be the intended function for the recent addition of the blacklisting option in the packet spots window. During the DX contest I frequently jumped on spots for stations that I had worked but that got relisted as unworked in a truncated version by the skimmer servers. For example, 5B/RN3QO would be spotted as RN3QO. Similarly 4O/E77W, F/G4BJM, etc.. By blacklisting RN3QO, etc. those spots would appear in a gray highlighted italic text style. I could have also chosen to hide blacklisted spots and they wouldn't be visible at all. And blacklisting is very simple with a simple right click.

This is also very helpful for the occasional station that is calling CQ but is not in the contest and for calls that come up busted on a regular basis.

I planned on deleting the blacklisted calls after the contest but I saw that the blacklisting does not carry over to other contest modules. I guess the data is saved in the contest in which it was entered. This seems like a good thing.

73,
Mike K2MK