[WriteLog] WriteLog & Windows 10

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog & Windows 10
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:48:08 -0800
Looking for a knowledgeable Windows guru for some information. I recently had some email exchanges with Steve KL7SB about WL and its virtues in running RTTY. He expressed concern that since WL is a 32 bit software that it wouldn't run under 64 bit systems. I informed him that I knew of plenty of folks on this reflector running WL on 64 bit machines without a problem. He countered that was possible because all the 64 bit versions to date include a 32 bit emulator called SYSWOW64.

At first he conjectured that Windows 10 might be released without the 32 bit emulation ability. Then, after doing a bit of additional research, apparently discovered that Windows 10 will be released in a 32 bit version as well as a 64 bit. Can anyone out there confirm this? I am waiting for the Windows 10 system to be released so that I can upgrade my old laptop running Vista to a new box with, hopefully, a better OS. However, I am concerned about the possibility of Windows 10 coming in two versions - 64 bit and 32 bit. I would hope to be able to go to the 64 bit system, but am concerned that WL might not run on Windows 10?

Can anyone shed some light on this subject? If this is correct are there any plans to update WL to make it 64 bit compatible? I really don't want to buy two new PCs with each one running a different version of Windows 10!

73,
Gary AL9A