[WriteLog] JIDX CW (outside JA) module bug

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] JIDX CW (outside JA) module bug
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 09:50:40 -0800
Despite the utterly deplorable band conditions this weekend I participated a bit in the JIDX CW contest using the JIDX CW module for outside of JA. In this contest the only "good" ones are JA stations. A couple of times when I was calling CQ I was called by non-JA stations. Despite knowing they would not be good contacts for the contest I decided to work them anyway in case they were desperate for an AK CW QSO.

Much to my surprise, when I logged them WL credited them with 1 point and incremented the score upward! One contact was on 15M, the other on 20M. When I saw that I right clicked on the calls and then selected Mark QSO as Unclaimed. This immediately decremented the scores from both these QSOs and will prevent them from being included in the Cabrillo file. Has anyone else noticed this behavior with the JIDX CW module? From my limited observations it appears there is a bug in the scoring algorithm that should be corrected.

73,
Gary AL9A