Re: [WriteLog] IC 7100 setting in Writelog Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC 7100 setting in Writelog Ports
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:25:05 -0800
Gordon,

The two radios should have very similar command sets, but their individual default hex CI-V address are different. By selecting the IC-7000 in the Ports section you are selecting the 7000 command set, but your radio is using a different hex address. Try the following.

In the [Rigs] section of your writelog.ini file add the following line.

Icom IC-7000=0x88

The 88 is the hex code for the 7100. This line changes the hex code from whatever the 7000 hex setting is to use hex 88 which matches your 7100. See if this works better for you. Make sure the radio description in the ini file line exactly matches the one in the Ports drop down list.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Gordon Bousman