Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 151, Issue 3

To: "NR Smith" <nrsmith@citlink.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 151, Issue 3
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 13:22:11 -0800
In my opinion this WriteLog upgrade will do nothing for your IC-756PROII. The radio itself must have a new firmware upgrade which provides some new CI-V commands that allow WriteLog to reset the RIT to zero by using the %O command. Does the IC-767PROII have a USB port or other means of doing a firmware update? I know my old IC-756PRO does not.

In any event, according to Icom, the firmware update affects only the IC-7100, IC-7600, IC-7700 and IC-7800 transceivers. I believe the new IC-7850 and IC-7851 models already have this firmware update built into them. The brochure concerning the new CI-V command set can be examined at http://www.icomamerica.com/en/downloads/default.aspx?Category=390. Click on the Download link for CI-V Upgrade.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: NR Smith