[WriteLog] Edit writelog.ini is missing from Start Menu of 11.26

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Edit writelog.ini is missing from Start Menu of 11.26
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 15:52:04 -0700
In the past I've frequently used the "Edit writelog.ini" selection in the Start
Menu.  When I tried to use this feature yesterday on two different computers
with fresh (as of Field Day) installs of 11.26 the Edit option was missing from
the Start Menu.

The reason I wanted to edit Writelog.ini is that I temporarily set the number
of radios to 2 then changed it back to 1 on this computer.  The "Networked
Frequencies" window still shows a phantom second radio on the computer where I
made the change, even after starting a new contest.

I'm just wondering whether the Edit option was omitted from 11.26 or perhaps
our installation of it was incomplete.  I'll refer back to one of the many
earlier posts describing where I can find the "real" writelog.ini file to
eventually edit and fix the Networked Frequencies issue.

Also, while trying to understand how QTC transmission works I noticed that
using the "Xmit QTCs" button will not send 10 QTCs if they are available.  It
abruptly stops in the middle of the 8th or 9th QTC.  This happened on both
computers and seemed as if it may be a buffer length issue as it stopped at
different characters depending on the fake QSOs that I had logged.  It
transmits all the QTCs when fewer are available. Thanks to the excellent
description of Writelog QTCs posted by Gary, AL9A, I realized that Xmit QTCs is
probably not necessary on CW.

73,
-Mike, N7MH