Re: [WriteLog] "Edit WriteLog.ini" missing from WL Start Menu folder in

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] "Edit WriteLog.ini" missing from WL Start Menu folder in Win10?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 18:08:26 -0400

On 8/9/2015 3:08 PM, Don AA5AU wrote:
> I did what Joe suggested. In my non-Admin account, I dragged my "Edit
> WriteLog.ini" icon that was on my desktop into the
> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\WriteLogV11
> location. I then looked into the WL start menu folder and it was not
> there. I did a restart of the PC (and a full Shutdown) and still not
> there. I logged into the Admin account and it was there!

Strange since the information in c:\ProgramData\ should show up in
ALL accounts on the machine.  That's why I passed along that suggestion
rather than using %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs which
would appear only in the account that was active when it was created.

You could try the %AppData% path with the affected account.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV