[WriteLog] Can Writelog Auto-CQ using the K3 DVR?

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can Writelog Auto-CQ using the K3 DVR?
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 00:57:31 -0700
On Saturday for NAQP SSB I followed the instructions that N6EE posted several
years ago on how to set up Writelog to use the K3 DVR for sending messages
using F1, F2, etc.

Added the following lines to the [Elecraft_K3_commands] section of writelog.ini:
Macro_10=SWT21;
Macro_11=SWT31;
Macro_12=SWT35;
Macro_13=SWT39;

Set up SSB messages: F1/F11 as %GK10, F2 as %GK11, F3 as %GK12, F4 as %GK13.
Set up Keyboard Shortcuts: F1 as RigKbdCommand(10), F2 as RigKbdCommand(11), F3
as RigKbdCommand(12), F4 as RigKbdCommand(13).

It worked well and I was surprised to find that the ESC key interrupts the
messages since Ron indicated it wouldn't.

These messages don't repeat when Auto-CQ is used with Alt-T.  It appears that
Alt-T may only work when these keys are mapped to <Message11.wav>, etc.  Is
there another way to set this up so that the K3 DVR messages can be
automatically repeated?

Are the Keyboard Shortcuts really necessary?   The messages are played even
without the shortcut by setting up the macros and SSB messages.  The problem
that I encountered when I didn't create the shortcuts is that the "WriteLog
Sound SendWave Error" pop-up appears after every message.  Since these messages
don't use the soundcard it's not clear why this pop-up would be relevant.  I'm
assuming that Alt-T might work if shortcuts are not used.

-Mike, N7MH