Re: [WriteLog] Russian WW Digital Contest

To: JE Brown <w4lc@fuse.net>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Russian WW Digital Contest
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 23:51:05 +0000 (UTC)
There is no module for this contest. Try using the Russian DX Contest module
instead of the Russian RTTY WW module because the RTTY WW module prefills the
zone for non-Russian calls in the Entry Window.
On the other hand, the Russian DX Contest module prefills Russian oblasts for
Russian calls in the Entry window and the RCVD entry is empty on non-Russian
calls. Also, the RTTY module does not allow export to Cabrillo (the Cabrillo
option is grayed out) while the Cabrillo file option is available in the
Russian DX Contest module. After the contest, you can export to Cabrillo then
edit the file to put the proper contest name (which is CONTEST: RUS-WW-DIGI).
There is a sample of the Cabrillo header they are looking for on the rules page
here:
http://www.rdrclub.ru/rdrc-news/russian-ww-digital-contest/51-rus-ww-digi-rules,

(Yes, there is a comma at the end of the URL). If this link doesn't work for
you, there is one on the home page of rttycontesting.com.
I have no idea how this module will work on RTTY but it's worth a try. You may
want to play with it as much as you can. I don't plan on participating but I
will set this up to see if it works. It probably doesn't score the contest
correctly but you could Google the Russian DX Contest rules to see what the
differences are.
73, Don AA5AU