Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo File & Unclaimed QSO

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo File & Unclaimed QSO
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 04:10:45 -0000
The WL behavior is exactly what you would expect a logging program to do.  The
X-QSO concept was invented after WL had been designed this way.  Since only CQ
WW and WPX support X-QSO, it is not surprising that the software developers
haven't spent a lot of time on it.

X-QSO was intended to handle what should be a very rare event... a participant
wanting to mark a QSO they made as not counting for their score.  Before X-QSO,
the only choice was to completely remove the QSO from the log.

Using a text editor to touch the log is not a difficult thing.

Randy, K5ZD