Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo problems in JARTS

To: "'Don AA5AU'" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, "'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo problems in JARTS
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:10:41 +0100
Don and the group,

I noticed the same issues here when creating the Cabrillo file. This was
with WL v11.27H.  I have not yet got around to updating the program, as I
hate doing this just before a contest.

I did note that the header lines imply it is Cabrillo v3, yet the fields do
not seem to comply with what is shown on the JARTS website as relating to
v3.

I have LOCATION: EU, which is wrong, as I think it should be DX. It also
created a line for CATEGORY-OPERATOR (which is v3) but then had me down as
Single Op, Low Power, All Band, which is not correct either, and also showed
Class A.

Out of curiosity, I had a quick look at the Cabrillo header from last year,
and this is what is shows:
START-OF-LOG: 3.0
LOCATION: EU
CALLSIGN: GU0SUP
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: Class-A (Single Op, All Band, High Power)
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 113262
CLUB: DRCG
CONTEST: JARTS-WW-RTTY
CREATED-BY: WriteLog V11.22G

So that was also wrong as well. As far as I can see, I didn't alter it, so I
am not sure what went on, although it must have been accepted at the time.

This year, as well as last, I selected LOW POWER in Writelog's Create
Cabrillo window, and yet it has done the same this year, and put me in the
high power class.

I wonder when it went wrong?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---