Re: [WriteLog] FW: Web Update Data Files

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FW: Web Update Data Files
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:26:21 -0800
Chuck,

I think you are over thinking this thing. By downloading the file and extracting it into the WriteLog folder, I assume the Programs folder, you are defeating the whole process. What OS are you running? If it is Vista, Win7, Win8, or Win 10 there should be a folder called C:\ProgramData\WriteLog. Your wl_cty.dat file will be here. Please follow the KISS method and try the following.

With WriteLog closed, left click on the "Convert CTY to WriteLog" utility in the WriteLog V11 folder in All Programs. There will be a small window that opens with ReadCTY V11 in the title bar. Uncheck the box to "Reduce to lowest runtime memory use". Now click on the "Download wl_cty.dat..." button. A window will open that tells you the file is downloading. Sometimes this window appears to hang, so after a few seconds left click somewhere else on your Desktop. A window will now tell you the file is downloaded. Now click on the "Convert wl_cty.dat" button. This will run almost instantly. When done close the ReadCTY V11 utility window. You should now have the latest wl_cty.dat file on your machine in C:\ProgramData\WriteLog. Go there and open the file with a text editor and Find VERSION to confirm the correct file is now available. Leave that file there - don't move it anywhere. When you start WriteLog you will now have the correct file.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Chuck Dietz