Re: [WriteLog] Problems With Writelog (Update)

To: Gary AL9A <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problems With Writelog (Update)
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:20:08 -0700
> So what to make of all this?  When I look at the files in the wl-cty.zip
> folder all but one has a current date of 12-02-2015.

The suite of programs that create/upload the country files re-create
all the files each time, even if the source for some of them has not
changed, like Russian prefixes.  It's simply easier that way, and
often times I'll wipe out ALL my local files before building/uploading
them, to ensure that, for example, VERSION works correctly.

If you do take the step of manually downloading the latest
wl_cty-YY##.zip file, and extracting its contents into
C:\ProgramData\WriteLog, the only step you should have to take
afterwards is to run Convert CTY to WriteLog (ReadCTY) and click on
the "Convert wl_cty.dat" button.  My tools don't know how to do that
step outside of WriteLog.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us