Re: [WriteLog] PTT Issues with RTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PTT Issues with RTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 08:27:17 -0500

When I send the same canned message a 2nd time, say F11 to CQ, the
PTT prematurely stops, however, I can see that writelog is finishing
the message. The PTT indicator/LED on the MK2R+ stops but the CW/FSK
indicator/LED is still flashing until the message is complete.

Depending on your settings, XMMT.ocx uses a different copy of MMTTY.exe
and MMTTY.ini than the older SM6SRW MMTTY plug-in.  After starting
XMMT.ocx and MMTTY, you must select "C: Limiting Speed" under Option | Setup | Misc | USB Port in the MMTTY Tuning indicator (RTTY Control Panel).

As shown in the example configuration document for WriteLog and MK2R+,
when using XMMT.ocx the RTTYrite Port is set to None and the FSK port
is selected in MMTTY/XMMT.ocx.  Please review the section "Configuring
XMMT.ocx for FSK using MMTTY" starting on page 5 of the configuration
example for WriteLog and MK2R+ available in Router (Help | Download
Documents) or at www.microHAM-USA.com/support.html in the MK2R/MK2R+
area.

As an alternative to selecting "C: Limiting Speed" in MMTTY, one can
check both the "Strict BPS" and "Stuff" (diddle stuffing) boxes for
the FSK Ports in microHAM USB Device Router.  Strict BPS will impose
data pacing on the FSK port but due to the way character lengths are
calculated in in the Eltima VSPAX drivers messages will take slightly
longer than when using MMTTY's native pacing option (Limiting Speed).

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV