[WriteLog] How to get SCP files into W10 Programs Directory?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] How to get SCP files into W10 Programs Directory?
From: <artw4aa@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 00:20:36 -0500
Using WriteLog V11.32D on W10-64 Pro, I download the four needed SCP files to
my W10 Downloads folder, but I cannot get them into a WriteLog folder.  I
thought V11.32 fixed this problem, but no! Can someone please provide clear,
complete, but concise,  instructions on how to do this so I can play radio
instead of pc hacker, where I have no idea of what I am doing!

I guess I could leave the SCP files  in the Downloads folder and point to them
from the SCP setup drop-down menu, but that seems like a sloppy way of doing
things.

Since a contest was never run on this pc, I suspect I will have a similar
problem when I try to load some older contest files (.wl?) to aid in the setup
based on various previous contests.

By the way, is “File Explorer” the same as “Windows Explorer?”  I don’t seem to
have a “Windows Explorer,” whatever that is, on this W10 machine.  And, I was
not able to find the WriteLog data files by using the string %ALLUSERSPROFILE%
in File Explorer Search.  I “think” I see them OK by drilling down on the “C”
drive, though, Drag and drop into that folder was not allow because of the
“Administrator” requirement that I could not find a way to get around. .

If I am unable to get WL running on this W10 machine, I will have to load
V11.32 on an old XP/SP3 machine and sacrifice internet connectivity, for
security reasons.  I was usually able to make things work on XP.  I had to do
that when I last tried unsuccessfully to get WL working on this pc working just
before the ARRL 160 contest in December, but that was before V11.32 was
available.

What does all this stuff have to do with ham radio?  Way, way too much time
fooling with pc leaves not nearly enough time for playing with radio!  Note: I
blame Microsoft, not the WL gang.

Art/W4AA