Re: [WriteLog] UK/EI Contest

To: 'Bob Garrett' <rgarrett5@comcast.net>, <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] UK/EI Contest
From: GW4BLE <steve.gw4ble@btconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 12:23:06 +0000
Bob,

At the moment Writelog doesn't supported the contest, but for now a work-around
is to use
the existing 'UK DX Contest' module  (this is the format for a now defunct
contest, that
has nothing to do with UKEICC)

So, from within Writelog go:

File
New
UK DX Contest
Mode CW
Enter Your Callsign
Entry Class - Note: ONLY SELECT one of the All Band Categories
Tick the Non-UK Station Box
UK Area - Enter 'DX'

In the QSO Entry - In the 'RCVD' box just put whatever you receive as a
continuous string
with NO SPACES (that bit is VERY important).   For example, you work GM2V and
he sends
'001IV' so you just log 001IV.    The last two letters are the UK or EI
district code.
You work K5ZD, and he sends '456', so just log '456' as you would do normally.
  Note, in
the UKEICC contests, sending of RST is optional.

The scoring for the contest won't be correct, but don't worry about that, just
get on and
make some contacts.   The adjudicators will do their very best to score your
Cabrillo file
once its' received.

After the contest, select the Cabrillo option in the Writelog menu, and
complete what you
are able.

Within two hours of the end of the contest submit your log here, completing the
drop-down
menu options:

http://logs.ukeicc.com/cgi-bin/hfenter.pl?Contest=DX%20CW%20Contest

and of course full contest rules are here:

http://www.ukeicc.com/which-contest/contest-rules/uk-ei-dx-contest

73

Steve GW4BLE
o/b/o UKEICC.com team