Re: [WriteLog] Profile Location

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Profile Location
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:24:00 -0800
> Writelog 12 question.
>
> I have been playing with Pre-fills for an up coming contest.
>
> It works fine, but when I load the pre-fills and restart the contest, I get
> “Failed to ipen ADI preset file.
>
> Is there a naming convention for the preset files? (besides being .adi files)
>
> What directory should they be in so I don’t have to search for them each
> time?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony
> K2NV

The location of the preset file is specified with the menu entry
Tools/Preset... Nothing in WriteLog cares about the specific directory
you choose.

That location is written into the .wl file when you File/Save. When you
later do File/Open of that .wl file, then WriteLog cares: the .adi file
needs to still be where it was when you did the File/Save.

The above is true for both V11 and V12, although the error message when
the adi file cannot be found is one of the improvements in V12.

Wayne, W5XD