Re: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial file problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial file problem
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:05:32 -0400
I've never gotten an error code when saving the SCP file.  That's probably
because I never put it in any of the Windows system directories.  This
avoids Virtual Store and permissions issues, as Gary well knows I have from
time to time, like most of us.

Instead, I prefer to store SCP in the specific contest directory: My
Documents/WriteLog/Contest/2016/CQ WPX RTTY, for example.  I like to archive
the SCP version that was current for each contest along with my log files
(*.wl and Cabrillo and ADIF), pre-fill database (when appropriate), report
files, CBS output file, 3830 soapbox, etc.  Thus, all my contest-specific
files are in one place.  One exception is the current cty.dat which now has
a very nice maintenance process in WriteLog.

Ed W0YK

Gary AL9A wrote:

Ok, I've got windows scattered all over the desktop, but I'll eventually get
used to it.  Got my XMMT.ocx registered ok and the radio is communicating
with WL.  I can key up and send RTTY ok.  Tried downloading the latest SCP
files, but when I try to copy them into C:\ProgramData\WriteLog I get an
error message about unexpected error with a code of 0x80004005.  Do the SCP
files still go into ProgramData?  If so what do I do about the error code to
fix it?