[WriteLog] V12 CW Receiver and Rrrtyrite

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] V12 CW Receiver and Rrrtyrite
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:37:37 -0900
I am now trying to configure WL V12 for an upcoming special event operation
using the DXpedition module.  The mode is CW and all seems ok except for some
minor issues.

I’m using a microHAM MKII interface to my IC-7600 and the new computer.  In the
small WriteLog CW Receiver window I can see CW wave forms when on receive, but
none at all when I transmit.  The radio is keying up as is the PW-1 amp, but no
wave form displays in CW Receiver window.  It used to do so on my old Dell
laptop running Vista and WL V11 so I’m not sure why it’s not behaving the same
on the new machine.

Similar problem with the Rttyrite window.  On receive it prints the incoming CW
as expected, but when I transmit, with either a WL macro key or by hand with
the paddles, the CW does not print in the Rttyrite window.  Again, it used to
do so on the other installation.

The same situation occurs when I enable the recorder to record what is being
received.  When I go to Audio Review and play back the recording I can hear
both the incoming CW and my sent CW in the headphones, but the wave form in the
playback window only shows up on the received audio recording, not on the
recording of my sent CW.

Anyone have a clue what the problem might be?  Or is it just something
inherently different in Win 10 and Vista?

73,
Gary AL9A