[WriteLog] ARRL DX CW Contest - Prefill file

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL DX CW Contest - Prefill file
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:02:53 -0900
Next weekend is the ARRL DX CW Contest.  I have updated my WriteLog prefill
file for this contest to include the 2015 results.  Please note, this file is
for DX STATIONS ONLY, not US or VE.  US/VE stations have to copy the power
level of the DX station and that bit of information is missing from the source
data files.  DX stations have to copy the State or Province of US/VE stations
and that is the information contained in this prefill file.

One note of caution for DX stations using this prefill file.  The ARRL Contest
Results database does not contain State or Province information.  Instead they
format everything to the Section level for online inquiries of the results
databases.  I have run the various Section abbreviations through a lookup table
that converts the Sections back to the State or Province.  This works in almost
all cases except for MAR and MDC.

My lookup table converts all MAR sections to NS.  Then I manually look at the
data and tweak the NS entries to either NB, NS, or PE.  If I’ve made a mistake
apologies to all who must manually correct the data when logging.  Fortunately
there are only a few stations that may be affected.  Of larger concern is the
section of MDC.  This Section name contains a combination of calls from both
the State of MD and the City of DC.  Unfortunately there are a lot of MDC
stations listed in the data I have no means of automatically looking up these
calls to determine if they really are MD or DC.  Therefore my lookup table
converts all MDC sections to MD.  This means that the few stations actually in
DC will need to be corrected in the log from MD to MDC.  Again I apologize, but
I don’t control the layout of the ARRL Results Databases!

The updated prefill file now contains 4,137 calls and may be downloaded from
the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn7vg8vgh1dwqeo/ARRL%20DX%20CW%20Call%20History.adi?dl=0

As always, be cautious with the prefill file data and verify the accuracy of
the information with what you copy over the air.

73,
Gary AL9A