[WriteLog] SCP file download

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SCP file download
From: "Alan Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:14:15 -0800
I just wanted to pass on my experience downloading the SCP files.

I am setting up my just updated WL ver 12.02L and following the instructions
on the WL Download page to update my CTY, DATA, and SCP files. I used the
FILE/Web-update-data-files and FILE/Web-update-CTY-files no problem. I then
went to the SCP website supercheckpartial.com
and tried to save the MASTER.DTA file to my C:\ProgramData\Writelog file
(this is where the old file is located and where SETUP/SCP says it should go
for me). But I kept getting download errors. So I downloaded the MASTER.DTA
file to another desktop folder then tried to copy it to the
ProgramData\Writelog file. When trying to do the copy I got a message that
the file was in use and could not be copied. I then exited out of WL and was
able to directly save (using SAVE AS) the SCP MASTER.DTA file from the SCP
website to my ProgramData\Writelog file.

When I first tried to download the MASTER.DTA to ProgramData\Writelog I did
NOT get a file in use warning. Only that the download did not download with
no explanation as to why.

Lesson learned. Transfer the CTY and DATA files with WL running but to
download the SCP MASTER.DTA file WL must be closed.

Just wanted to pass it on in case others experience a problem with the SCP
download.

73 and GL in the ARRL DX CW.

Alan, K7ACZ