Re: [WriteLog] FKeys utility and WL V12

To: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FKeys utility and WL V12
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 12:09:31 -0400
Chuck

It's a neat utility that allows you to programme many functions and macros
associated with writelog and access them from a click-able grid of buttons.
In a simple setup it can simply allow you to send your CQ and other
messages with a mouse click but it can also do far more complex functions
with the click of a mouse. The keys remain on top of your desktop and allow
you to put a short text description of what the key does for easy
reference. With writelog it is possible to run SO2R in rtty without
touching either the rig, the SO2R controller or the keyboard while running
on two bands by just clicking the mouse. A button can literally be
programmed to do anything writelog allows in its menus. (Well not 100% sure
it could set up your ports for example) but its basically an operating aid
for thse who like clicking their mice through contests. I've found it most
useful in RTTY contests but used it in other contests.

Hope that helps. Probably best to google the Fkeys and check out the
website for more details.

Regars

Dean 8P6SH'
'