Re: [WriteLog] WL v12 can't see rig (ICOM 756 Pro III)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL v12 can't see rig (ICOM 756 Pro III)
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 10:45:14 -0400

*FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE CONFIGURATION FOR WRITELOG AND MKII*.  The document
is available in Router (Help | Download Documents) or in the MK II area
at www.microHAM-USA.com/support.html.

In "Router" software, in the "ports" tab, we've selected "none" for
CAT port for use with WL - and operability improved (is this because
CI-V is doing the job, and is somehow connected up to the radio (or
should) behind-the-scenes without a COM port for CAT established?

You *MUST* establish a virtual port for CAT/CIV in Router (CAT port)
and use that same port number in WriteLog -> Setup | Ports *AS SHOWN*
*IN THE EXAMPLE CONFIGURATION*.   Make sure the transceiver, Router
and WriteLog are all using the same *fixed* data rate.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV