Re: [WriteLog] Off/On Time

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Off/On Time
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 09:37:23 -0400
Since installing Version 12 I have been having a problem which while it is
not resulting in lost data it is simply a bit annoying.

Whenever I exit the programme it crashes. A window indicates that the
Writelog crash handler has created a file which I'm guessing is some kind
of diagnostic information.

Initially I figured it was a problem unique to 12.01 but I have now
upgraded with every successive update with similar results.

For full disclosure - This only happens on my desktop which has 12GByte of
RAM but is an AMD quad-core Phenom based system which I plan to upgrade to
an Octo-core AMD FX8350 shortly. I am upgrading because even though I have
no hard evidence of this, I feel like the memory controller which is on the
CPU may be damaged - even though countless memory diagnostics have turned
up nothing. I have an Intel-based laptop which has performed flawlessly
over the same period.

I have also tried running writelog in just about every combination of
simple to complex environments - with and without mmtty, SO2R, SO1R,
networked with and without spots, bandmaps etc. It simply crashes every
single time i exit BUT with no data loss whatsoever.

Just curious if others have had similar problems - and what was behind
them.

73 - Dean - 8P6SH/8P2K

*Dean St.Hill*

*Barbados.JustAskLocals.com <http://Barbados.JustAskLocals.com>*