[RTTY] WARNING! Scam e-mail

To: "CMRG" <cmrg@yahoogroups.com>, "PPRAA Reflector" <ppraanet@mailman.qth.net>, "Mile High DX Assn" <mhdxa@mhdxa.com>, "Grand Mesa Contest Club" <gmc@grandmesa.org>, "Rtty Contesting Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>, "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WARNING! Scam e-mail
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:31:12 -0600
Over the weekend I received an e-mail with the ARRL Logo/Letterhead telling
me that I needed to update my information for the League's data base.  If I
didn't, my e-mail privileges would be suspended, and all kinds of nasty
thing would happen.

I suspected it was a phishing scam and contacted the ARRL this morning.
They are aware of it and said it was not them that sent it.  I was told to
delete it and that their Home Page had an article regarding this.

DO NOT click on anything that allegedly comes from the ARRL and has a
warning Code of: WeBmAiLx2F5 as a subject in the e-mail.

I hope nobody has clicked on the site and gave out any info.  Pass this on
to your friends and other groups.

73,

Dick - W0RAA