[WriteLog] Bandmaps, softrock lite 2, and K3

To: WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bandmaps, softrock lite 2, and K3
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 14:06:32 -0700
Amazingly enough, I recently successfully constructed a Softrock and I have
it working with Writelog 12 on my K3. The Softrock has the K3 IF crystal
option for 8215KHz IF. I have a simple coax splitter from the K3 to both
the P3 and the Softrock so I can compare spectrum and see that they match.
But I have questions...

The waterfall/spectrum on WL12 is skewed to one side of the current VFO
position. In other words, if I am tuning in a RTTY signal, nearly all of
the WL12 spectrum/waterfall is to the right of the signal, as opposed to
the P3 where it is centered. Is this the nature of the beast or is there
something I can do to center it?

I needed to set an offset in WL to align the desired signal on the bandmap
display. This offset seems to be about 23KHz but not quite exactly that.
What should I be using as an offset?

I am running this at 48KHz. I have a Xonar sounds card that is supposed to
do 96KHz but when I select that in the SDR Setup it has no effect - the
display is still 48KHz. If I want 96KHz how do I get it?

Thanks and 73 jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com