[WriteLog] RTTY Window

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>, "W5XD Wayne" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY Window
From: "Steve Colello" <colellos@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 14:53:14 -0400
I took the plunge and installed V12 on my windows 10 computer. The setup, as
it has been for years, is dual vertical monitors.

I am really struggling with this new docking scheme. I would like to put the
log in the middle of the main monitor like I had with ver 11, but I can’t
seem to get it done. So now it sits at the top of the main monitor.

Two other problems I am having are:

The band summary and the rate window are on top of each other. I see the
little boxes that if clicked on toggles between the two—but I would like them
separated.

The second problem is with RTTY. I put the RTTY control panel is on the main
monitor and works ok. However if I put the RTTYrite window on the main
monitor as soon as I put focus on the qso entry window, the RTTYrite window
disappears. If I put the RTTYrite window on the second monitor, it does not
disappear. But it does not “talk” to the qso entry window i.e., I can’t
click on a call in the RTTYrite window and have it populate the qso entry. This
makes it pretty much useless for any RTTY Contesting.

I tried the MS docking help that came by way of the reflector. It really didn’t
help me. Right now the real problem is the RTTY window and how it acts. Need to
fix that before the RTTY contest season. BTW, everything worked fine on V11.

Steve
KA2KON