[WriteLog] Contest Super Simulator (CSS) Problem with Flex 6300

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Contest Super Simulator (CSS) Problem with Flex 6300
From: Wayne <support@writelog.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:43:40 +0000
> I am trying to get the CSS to work with my Flex 6300.  I followed Don AA5AU
> tutoial  but when I got down to installing a Vitural Audio Cable is where I
> am stuck.
> The Flex already has the VAC and it go's to the MMTTY Plugin within
> Writelog.
> Do I need to download and install the VAC per Don's instructions?  Seems to
> be I could just redirect the VAC that I have.
If you have installed Flex's SmartSDR, you already have VAC's.
The only setup differences between using the ones you have and using
Don's tutorial is the NAMES of the devices.

The ones you can use that came with SmartSDR and named liked this:

DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 8 on the playback side is a VAC connected to
recording side: DAX AUDIO RX 8

The other VAC programs tend to use the SAME name for playback and
recording. Not so with the DAX ones.
Also, stay away from the DAX IQ versions. They are defaulted to 196K
sample rate.

Follow Don's directions (carefully), except: do NOT download any VAC's
and use the above naming conventions for the VAC cables.

Wayne