[RTTY] arrl RU test

To: ACG <contest@alabamacontestgroup.org>
Subject: [RTTY] arrl RU test
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 10:23:09 -0600
well, I did NOT have fun this past week end in the ARRL RU test. Ended up with 25 contacts.... spent most of both days trying to get anything to print out. So here is the set up: ft5000, microHam keyer 2, writelog/xmmt/mmtty, WIN 10... this set up has worked great with my 2000D. Here is the weird part: using same rig with DX4WIN/mmtty, no problem printing; mmtty stand alone, no problem printing, Gritty no problem printing. I ran gritty window along side writelog and gritty would print close to 100%; writelog much of nothing. I tried every adjustment to software and rig that I could think of. All is set as per aa5au/microHam set files. Nothing I tried improved the situation. Only two variables that I could think that changed were all of my antennas were covered in ice and I up-graded writelog to 12.12C version 3 days before the test( bad idea, I know). I just could not figure what had this applecart so upset. So I am in the dark here and would sure appreciate any idea/advice on what/where to look. It seems to me that the commen denominator is 12.12C. HELP!!!! thanks, 73's Cort K4WI