Re: [WriteLog] Writelog version11 - CAT Control & Sending CW Question

To: Gene Bunner <AC8RH@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog version11 - CAT Control & Sending CW Question
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:09:15 -0400
Hi Gene

You can build an interface quite easily easily using a resistor and
resistor. However you would also need to have a serial por on the computer.
I did this with my ft1000mp for years. You could then plug the paddles into
the front of the rig and you have two CW options. You will need to
configure rear CW port for straight key and paddles for the front connector.

Now most of us find that serial port to be increasingly rare. You may
therefore wish to consider a winkeyer setup. Many different brands and kits
to choose from. Personally I like microHAM but that may be Overkill for
what you are doing.

These devices will hook up to the USB port, the paddles plug into the keyer
and the keyer into either of the CW inputs. That input also has to be
configured for a straight key.

One such device is below:

http://microham-usa.com/store/product-info.php?pid5.html

Many many others including kits.

I hope that helos. Hope to work you in FD.

Dean 8P6SH

Sent from my BLU Vivo XL