Re: [WriteLog] Error

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Error
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:47:45 -0400

When I bring up CQWW RTTY as the contest type, the rig immediately
goes in to diddle mode
If the rig is switching to transmit, check the RTS settings on your
various ports - particularly the CAT port.  If you are using a microHAM
interface make sure the PTT port is not set to the same port as CAT
(radio Control).  Also check WriteLog.ini and make sure you have
set COMn_RTS_INIT=0 for your rig port(s) as documented in the WriteLog
help files.

> I get an error  message Error setting up device name for
> sound Vista style.

That means you have not set up the sound card correctly.  Open "Sound
board mixer control" in the WriteLog section of the Windows Start Menu
(or All Applications for Windows 10) and set the proper sound endpoints.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV