Re: [WriteLog] One FSK port for "SO2V"?

To: "'Wayne'" <support@writelog.com>, "'Jeff Stai'" <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] One FSK port for "SO2V"?
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 19:19:39 -0800
Yes, TinyFSK works great with Shared COM ports on WriteLog.  I love it.
I've been using this configuration since it came out in Beta.  There was
only one report to Wayne from me and all I could say was that it all worked
great!  The implementation was perfect the first time I saw it in Beta.

The printed TX text (blue italics in Rttyrite) leads the RF a fraction of a
second but it's closer than other Rttyrite and MMTTY FSK configurations.  It
would be valuable for the printed text to be accurately timed with the RF so
I could use that to time my next transmission, on another receiver or radio.
I think Wayne and I have discussed this several times over the years and it
is not easy to sync the printing with the RF.

Small nit on TinyFSK itself.  The default FSK polarity is backwards for the
K3 and most radios (Mark=High).  Simple matter to set it correct (Mark=Low)
with a terminal emulator running the TinyFSK commands.  However, the default
polarity will be fine for Yaesu radios.   ;>)

Ed W0YK