[WriteLog] Very strange happening at K6HGF

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Very strange happening at K6HGF
From: Doug Nelson <dougn1@me.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:35:40 -0800
The previous contest I worked before the Roundup was the OK contest.  At that
time, running v12.21P.  Everything was ok.  I recently did an upgrade to
v12.23J.  (running Windows 7). Upon starting on the RU, I found that my call
was being sent as  K6HGFR. (Macros are correct)   Further investigation reveals
that the letter F is the one and only letter causing a second letter.  This
happens from a macro sent from Fkeys, any F key, or Alt K type ahead buffer.
This is a WL specific issue.  The letter F key behaves normally in all other
apps.  Tried 2 other keyboards.  No change.  Disconnected keyboard and sent
from macro.  No change.  Closed Fkeys and send from keyboard.  No change.
Rebooted WL.  No change.  Rebooted computer.  No change.  Closed RTTYrite
window and reopened.  No change.  All these steps many times.
Almost seems like the letter F has been mapped to also send the letter R.
Looked at Keyboard Shortcuts, but don’t think that is possible and did not
observe anything involving the letter F.

My apologies to those of you I worked early in the contest for the bad call.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  I’m thinking I may have to reinstall
WL.

Best 73’s and hope you had fun in the contest. (I didn’t! Ha)

Doug….K6HGF