Re: [WriteLog] priority on alternate messages

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] priority on alternate messages
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 13:03:08 -0700
On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 12:52 PM Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Jeff, if you are going to use DigiRite outside of contests then you need to
> change the exchange in Settings to "Grid Square & db Report". That way
> everything flows better and you don't have to use Alternate messages.

Roger that. But when I do contest I'll need the skills to adapt to the
casual operator who isn't in grid only mode. Practice. ;)

> I do remember that Alternate messages always seemed to have priority over
> what was showing in "Calculated next to send" in my experience. But I agree
> that the "machine" seems to do strange things. It could be that it is
> indeed
> doing strange things or else we just don't know it yet.

Priority for alt msg makes sense to me - the human choosing the message has
data the machine does not - but as indicated in emails I haven't answered
yet ;) there are often reasons I don't know yet.

Thanks!! - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN