[WriteLog] Recording DVK Messages

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Recording DVK Messages
From: "Jim Johnson" <jim@kc4hw.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 10:39:53 -0500
Environment:

Writelog 12.42G - One radio only: FT-2000D
MicroHam, Microkeyer uRouter 9.1.5

Setup, currently operational on CW, RY, DIGI

I do have a microphone plugged into the port on the back of the Microkeyer and
the PTT and Audio is getting to the radio.  As verified by local station.  So
this is work

-----

Writelog Sound.  Two radios on one device (although I
don't have two radio, this was the default panel that came up).

Radio Audio
    xmit(s) from PC (Speakers(Realtek High Definiti)
    DVK mic (Microphone (Realtech High Defini)
    rec(s) to PC (Line in (Realtech High Definitio)

other setting appear to be at default.

The setting for Writelog - Setup - Options Sound - Board Options

Ports tab:  "DVK type" "Window sound board" will not remain selected and
defaults to "NA interface".

Sound Tab:  I keep checking the "Enable Receiver Listen Loop" and "Echo
Microphone to Transmitter(s) but they want stay selected.

------

OK, I did find the Writelog Guide "WAV File transmission"  and downloaded the
Audacity program and its default sound card setting are:

    Mic:  Line In (Realteck High Definitio
    2 (Stero) Recording (I reset this to 1.(Mono) Recording)
    Speakers (USB Multi-Channel Aud) (I use this to play computer sound items,
such as youTube, etc)

Additionally audio is coming from the radio to Audacity I have recorded the RX
audio and it will play back through the computer speakers.

------

END GAME:  Trying to setup DVK Messages.  However, none of the SHIFT+function
keys are recording a message.

I obviously have something goofed up, but don't
know what...any help?

Jim/KC4HW